Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chicago Fun!


Back in November, Aaron and I got to leave our kids for a few days and fly to Chicago to see the Utah vs Notre Dame game! My parents watched our kids for us and it was so fun to get away! Kyle and Michelle had invited us months and months before, so it was something we had been looking forward to for a long time... and when it came, it went by so fast. But we had a great time!!! Our first stop was some YUMMY Chicago style pizza! It was soooo good.



The first night we got there, we walked around downtown Chicago. I love it there! I would never want to live there, but it is definitely a cool place to visit!



We drove to Indiana that first night and got ready for the big game the next day.



Walking up the path to the Notre Dame campus. All the people were so nice and very welcoming to all of us Ute fans. That place is somewhere I will never forget... the history and all the traditions. Way cool!!!



The Golden Dome



Inside the Golden Dome waiting for the bagpipers. It is tradition that before every home game, the bagpipers play inside the Golden Dome.



Touchdown Jesus!



Here is our famous Salt Lake Tribune picture. We were right at the front to welcome the team off their bus. I look like I'm getting denied from K W with my big prego belly! Sad!





We always found some good food!



And this sums up how crappy this game was.... we were all sooo cold and wet and sad and the game sucked too. But we were so glad that we got to go.



And.... we got to go to a Bears game again!!!! Aaron got hooked up with some awesome tickets to the Bears vs Vikings game! Our tickets were part of the "United Club" so we got to go into this little area that was like a suite that had pro shops and food and it was warm. It was so nice!



Aaron was obviously in heaven!!



We loved the game and even though Kyle and Michelle aren't big bears fans... I think they still had fun at the game too!

1 comment:

Kyle/Michelle said...

HAHAHA! I forgot about the Bear Fan picture! I'm stealing a few of your pictures, by the way. :) Thanks again for going with us- we had SOOO much fun! And we DID have fun at the Bears game! Can we go back? :)