Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day Out With Thomas

So since I have been harrassed by my husband about blogging more often, I have taken lots more pictures and so my posts seem really long... so we hope you don't get bored!

Since Porter LOVES Thomas the Train, we got us tickets to go see him at the Heber Valley Railroad over Memorial weekend. Porter was in shock when we walked up and he saw Thomas. Porter was just staring at him and then he said "Hi Thomas!" It was so cute.

The family on the train ride. Aaron and I didn't think that it was worth 22 dollars a person, but Port sure did. We kept telling him we were on Thomas and he loved it. It was like the slowest and the shortest ride I've ever been on.

Porter just kept staring at him. Aaron was waiting in line with him to get his picture and Aaron said that Porter just wanted to go touch Thomas and climb on him. He didn't understand that we had to wait our turn.

He doesn't look all that happy here....we were telling him to say bye to Thomas.

Gordon, Porter, Percy, James, and Dad



After the wonderful fun-filled time with Thomas we went over to the Waymans for a Memorial weekend BBQ. Grandma Libby somehow ended up holding the two babies,1 day apart... Aidan and Sydnee. She was walking around saying how it reminded her of when she had her twins, Aaron and Emily. Now she was holding Aaron and Emily's babies....Oh cute!


Porter eating chips in the hut I built for him. He had so much fun climbing in and out! He kept wanting me to climb in and "play!"


self portrait in the hut


So we took Porter swimming and he went down this slide about 200 times! This is in the kiddie pool and Aaron and I were watching him go down over and over and I was looking at Sydnee when I heard Aaron say "Oh no", and he hurried and jumped up and just as I turned to look I saw Porter jump into the deep end of the "not kiddie pool." I hurried and grabbed Sydnee and jumped up as Aaron ran over to him and jumped in to get him out. He went under for about 8-10 seconds but it really scared him and us. He saw some kids playing with a basketball and ran to go play and didn't even think about the water. It was the scariest thing! I kept thinking about it all night. I was so glad Aaron saw him. It happened sooo fast.


I can't believe I am posting a picture of me in a swimming suit, but it's the only pictures we have of Sydnee and her first time swimming. She loved the water. Porter liked to splash her too.


We took the kids up to visit Great Grandma Wayman and do some yard work.


There is a cute little stream in her backyard and Porter loved throwing rocks in it. I guess that was helping with the yard work?


Porter went to his first official birthday party! It was for Aidan Berg! I went with him and this is what he did almost the whole party! He wanted to play on the swing/play set. It was such a cute pirate party.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Awesome photos! I bet he was just waiting for Thomas to talk!!?!

Kyle/Michelle said...

The things we do for our kids huh! Cute pictures and you look good in the swimming suit Kam, so no worries!!

Emily said...

Kami you are the mega blogger and truley my inspiration.
Em

Stephanie said...

Such a cute post! I have been meaning to take Aidan to see THomas for the last couple years and haven't gotten around to it so way to go. We went on the Polar Express for Christmas last year though and that was pretty fun.