So I know it has been a long time since a blog post.... but our sweet baby Paityn was born February 7th! She was 6 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long and so stinkin cute. She had a full head of hair and was the teensiest little peanut!! We had quite the struggle getting her here. She was breech for as long as I could tell. I could feel her little head right under my ribs! I started getting nervous every week that she wasn't getting in the "head down" position. I was trying all sorts of crazy things I'd heard to get them to turn, but nothing seemed to work. So my doc decided to try and do an external version. It hurt so bad!!!! I felt like I was being tortured. I felt like I was going to pass out, but I knew I just needed to endure the pain long enough for her to turn and then I wouldn't have to have a c-section. My doctor actually got her to turn about half way... and then her heart rate went way down, so he stopped to see if she would stay and she immediately went right back to her normal position, "head up." By this point I was getting a little upset with this little girl. What the crap? Why wasn't she getting ready to come out? My doctor told me to come that next week for my c-section because there wasn't anything else we could do. I had heard that c-sections weren't that bad and I worked in labor and delivery for so long and had seen so many of them and knew exactly what would happen... but I still didn't want one. I had very easy labors with my other 2 babies. But I ended up having a c-section. It was rough! I must be a wimp or something, but it wasn't fun! It was nice to have it all scheduled and have babysitters for our kids and know when it was going to happen, but I can't think of any other reasons I would want one. :) We did find out that the cord was wrapped around her little neck and she was totally stuck in the same position for quite some time. :( Poor girl! I felt so bad for her. When she was born, her legs kept going up like she was still squished, and her head was a little weird shaped from being in the same position. I felt so blessed that although it was rough getting her here, I am so glad that we had the c-section. It was the only way she was coming out!
Aaron ready to go back to the OR.
Seeing her for the first time. She seemed soooo little to me. I hated that she had to go down to the nursery and I had to go to the recovery room after I got all stitched up. I didn't get to hold her for over an hour.
Here's a pic of her legs going up and her poor smashed head. :(
First bath
Porter and Sydnee LOVE LOVE her. They can't get enough of her. Some days I have to tell them they just have to leave her alone. They would kiss her and hold her all day if I let them.
I laid her on my boppy and she immediately curled up in this position. Do you think this was her position in the belly?
The head of hair!!
My beautiful girls and the so cute blanket my mom made!!


3 comments:
Whoever said C-sections aren't that bad is crazy. They are horrible and rough. Your are not a whimp! Believe me I have now had 3 c-sections. I am glad it all worked out for you. Paityn is so cute. I love her hair!
She is so sweet! I hope I get to see her again soon!
Cute family, glad you finally posted about it! ;-)
Post a Comment